Mar 11, 2008

Does usability really matter in a purchase decision?

Does usability really matter in a purchase decision? My wife has been after me snice aeons to purchase a new mobile. And we all know that when a lady want's something, she gets it:-)
Recently bought a hummer mobile. These are the factors that influenced my purchase:

  • Found it very stylish

  • The aluminum color fascinated me

  • Wanted a slider phone

  • It had a stylus

  • Liked the price (10,000)

  • Got a free holiday worth 5000

    I didn’t know how to operate it. Did not know what features it had. Have been using the most primitive phones on earth till date.


    Where did usability fit in?

    If we find a way to understand and measure emotional responses to a product, we will be very successful in selling. Am researching this aspect of online shopping a of now.Is anybody willing to work with me on this fascinating area?

No comments: